One of the most common questions our HVAC professionals at Service Wizard are asked is whether or not annual AC maintenance is really necessary or just recommended. As a team with many years of experience and high standards of honesty with our clients, let us tell you the truth about AC tune-ups.
Aren’t AC Tune-Ups Just Recommendations?
Annual AC tune-ups are not just recommended, they are necessary.
Think of it this way: Your car is essential to your everyday life. You expect it to work when you turn it on, and when it doesn’t work it’s a big inconvenience. Cars also require gas to run and oil and different fluids to make the parts work. They get inspected every single year to make sure they are safe and reliable for you to drive.
Air conditioners are the exact same. They require monthly maintenance by the homeowner, and they require tune-ups from a professional to make sure they are running correctly. You can decide not to put oil in your car or not get it inspected every year just like you can decide not to maintain your AC unit. The problem is both machines will deteriorate quickly and become unsafe for use.
What Are Some Advantages of AC Maintenance?
AC tune-ups ensure that your system is safe to run and is functioning properly, but they also allow the technician a chance to make adjustments. Your AC tune-up appointment is the perfect time to ask questions and express your concerns about your air conditioner’s performance. For example, if you notice uneven cooling in the home, low airflow, strange smells or noises or have curiosities you’d like answered, the technician will be happy to take the time to listen.
With annual maintenance performed, your unit will run on high efficiency and you’ll see some of the following benefits!
- Longer Lifespan – Regular maintenance enforces your unit’s health and keeps it from damaging itself or deteriorating any more than time demands.
- Higher Efficiency – When your system struggles to perform efficiently it may feel like you are at war with your thermostat. A finely tuned system will respond more accurately to your desired temperature and achieve it while using less energy.
- Reduced Energy Usage – When an AC unit performs at maximum efficiency, it often uses less energy to regulate your home’s temperature. Other problems like difficulty turning on and off use up energy too, so eliminating these issues can significantly reduce your energy use.
- Monthly Utility Bills – Your energy usage will start to decline due to the efficiency of your system. Therefore you will start to save money and see much lower utility bills at the end of the month. Saving some money is never a bad thing!
- Fewer Repairs – Technicians take the time during the tune-up appointment to fix any broken parts and evaluate if any parts are worn down or close to breaking. This allows the system to run on adequate parts and not cause you surprise problems. When you aren’t paying for frequent repairs and fixes on your unit, you’ll start to see more savings in your wallet!
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up!
Service Wizard wants your AC to be in the best health possible – especially when warmer weather creeps up! We know from experience how damaging a lack of maintenance can be, and we want your HVAC system to last as long as possible in its lifespan. If you’re ready to get your AC tune-up this year, count on our team of friendly professionals to check out your heating and cooling system. Request service from your go-to local Austin AC company!