When you think about air quality, you mainly think about the outdoors – things like air pollution, for instance. Indoor air quality is just as important as outside air quality, however, and oftentimes it’s more of a factor in your everyday health. Indoor air quality is something you shouldn’t have to think about if everything is working how it should. On the flip side, if it’s bad, it can be critical to your health.
That’s where Service Wizard can help.
There are a couple of ways to tell if you are having indoor air quality issues. Here are a few signs your body might be giving you:
- Frequent congestion
- Runny nose
- Frequent nose bleeds
Here are few signs your home might be giving you:
- High or low humidity inside – The humidity in your house should range somewhere between 35 – 50% for maximum comfort. With too high humidity, your home can more easily grow mold and mildew. With too low humidity, you can suffer from dry skin, upper respiratory infections and warping of furniture.
- Dust buildup around vents – Have you noticed extra dust buildup around your air vents and house in general? This might be a sign of an air quality issue. Chances are it’s more than an eyesore – it could also bother your allergies. This could be fixed with a whole-home filtration system.
- Odors – It’s possible you don’t even notice odors in your home because you’ve grown accustomed to them. Odors can be caused by mold, chemicals, pest infestations or a buildup of dirt and dust, which all point to indoor air quality issues.
- Inconsistent air distribution – Do you feel like certain parts of your house are always cold and others are always warm? Are the humidity levels in your house inconsistent? This can be a sign of poor air quality. A whole-home filtration system can help with these issues.
What fixes poor indoor air quality?
Poor indoor air quality is fixable, and our team at Service Wizard can help! There are a couple of ways to make sure your Austin indoor air quality is exceptional.
- Indoor air cleaner – An indoor air cleaner or purifier is the most common way to better your indoor air quality. They trap mold, dust and mites – and also gas pollutants that come from chemicals. Our service team will make sure you get the correct indoor air cleaner for your home.
- Whole-home air filtration system – A system like this is the most efficient way to filter your system and must be professionally installed. The filters are built into the return-air ductwork so they trap particles and pollutants as the air passes through.
For indoor air quality needs, you can count on Service Wizard – the professional AC company Austin homeowners have trusted for more than 30 years. Our service area covers Austin and the surrounding areas, such as Round Rock, Cedar Park and Georgetown. We provide trustworthy, professional AC services for you, your family and home. Contact us today to get started.