With hot or warm weather sticking around for much of the year, it’s common for Austin homeowners to forget about and neglect our heaters. When winter weather hits, you want to make sure your heating system is properly maintained and ready to keep you warm. Service Wizard is the heating tune-up company Austin homeowners can count on.
There are a few reasons that regularly scheduling a heater tune-up is important to you and your family’s safety:
- While checking your heating system during our heater tune-ups, we will spot small cracks and breaks that could potentially be dangerous to your health – or even fatal. These issues could lead to carbon monoxide leaks, which can be deadly.
- Another factor we check are the electrical wires on your heater. We make sure they are not faulty or loose to prevent danger within your home.
- Having our team perform regular maintenance and tune-ups on your heating system will prevent breakdowns in the middle of winter. Not only is a heating system breakdown a huge inconvenience, but it can also be dangerous for you and your family if the weather is severe. Our 26-point tune-up will help prevent that from happening.
- Neglecting your heating system’s recommended maintenance can cause your furnace to become much less efficient. If that happens, you’ll notice it on your electric bill.
Are you curious about what makes up a heater or furnace tune-up? Just like we do for AC systems, Service Wizard offers a 26-point tune-up for heating systems:
Our 26 Point Heater Tune-Up Includes:
- Test heating element
- Test operating pressures
- Clean and clear drain lines
- Lubricate motors
- Test safety switch
- Test capacitors
- Calibrate thermostat
- Check Freon
- Check for Freon leaks
- Inspect drain pan
- Check amps on fan
- Check airflow temperature
- Check voltage
- Inspect for rust or corrosion
- Test compressor
- Unit cleaning
It is recommended that HVAC systems be serviced twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall. That way, the system is prepared for the harsher winter and summer months. Service Wizard makes maintenance easy with our maintenance packages, which will save you time and money. We call you to schedule your maintenance appointments for the year so don’t have to stress about it.
Heater maintenance is an important part of being a responsible homeowner. The Service Wizard team of experts is here to serve residents of Austin, Georgetown, Round Rock and the surrounding areas. Contact us today to get started!